For nearly 25 years, Ferri’s concise, pocket-sized resource has served as the go-to reference for practical, clinical information among students, residents, and other medical professionals. Formerly known as Practical Guide to the Care of the Medical Patient, this volume continues to provide a fast, effective, and efficient way to identify the important clinical, laboratory, and diagnostic imaging information you need to get through your internal medicine clerkship or residency.
“…informative and detailed …useful for those planning an elective or clinical work in the USA…”. Reviewed by: Jacob F de Wolff, on behalf of British Journal of Hospital Medicine Date: October 2014
- Benefit from the expert guidance of Dr. Fred Ferri, a leading teacher, clinician, and author.
- Confidently manage patients with the latest clinical information, drug therapies, and lab tests.
- Apply the latest knowledge and techniques with this updated and streamlined title, which still stays true to the Ferri name.
- Quickly find important information with content organized into three major sections: Section I, titled “Surviving the Wards,” contains information on charting, laboratory evaluation and formulary; Section II provides the differential diagnosis of common signs and symptoms likely to be encountered in the acute care setting; Section III has been completely revised and subdivided into 11 specialty specific diseases and disorders.
- Carry just the sections you need, add personalized materials, and keep everything together and safe with an improved ring binder and design.
- Access the full text and procedural videos online at Expert Consult.
Your purchase entitles you to access the web site until the next edition is published, or until the current edition is no longer offered for sale by Elsevier, whichever occurs first. Elsevier reserves the right to offer a suitable replacement product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based electronic version) should access to the web site be discontinued. Registration and use of the web site is subject to the terms of the non-transferable, limited license under which access to the site and its content is granted by Elsevier. Access to the site by individuals is limited to the first retail purchaser and may not be transferred to another party by resale, lending or other means.