Pokémon Black Version is a handheld Role-Playing game (RPG) for play on the Nintendo DS / DSi. Released as a companion game to the DS / DSi title Pokémon White Version, in it players enjoy classic challenging RPG-Adventure Pokémon gameplay as they catch wild Pokémon and utilize them in face-offs against other Trainers to see who is the best. Additional features include: access to the Legendary Pokémon, Reshiram; the player’s choice of one of three starter Pokémon; an all-new and diverse game region, Unova; improved graphics; multiple new battle modes; the ability to wirelessly trade Pokémon; multiplayer options and more.
Experience an all-new Pokémon adventure as a girl or boy Trainer.
Explore the new Unova region filled with a mix of landscapes, features and Pokémon.
An All-New World Filled with All-New Pokémon
Pokémon Black Version features the same handheld RPG and Adventure gameplay that has consistently thrilled Nintendo DS players, both young and more experienced, but it also introduces players to the all-new Unova region. Brought to life with improved graphics, Unova is a mix of urban and natural landscapes in which players are just as likely to encounter skyscrapers and bridges, as they are to walk alongside mountains and seascapes. It is of course also filled with a potent blend of all-new Pokémon, including the Legendary Vast White Pokémon Reshiram and the Deep Black Pokémon Zekrom. Stepping into the role of either a male or female Trainer, players further have their choice of their first Pokémon, who will serve as the first of many Pokémon companions in their travels through Unova, as they attempt to capture every wild Pokémon variety available and test their skills against other Trainers in turn-based battles.
Experience Legendary Pokémon
Both of the Legendary Pokémon Reshiram and Zekrom appear in Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version, but each can only be caught in their respective versions. The Legendary Pokémon Reshiram appears on the cover of Pokémon Black Version and the Legendary Pokémon Zekrom is seen on the cover of Pokémon White Version. See their types, abilities and profiles below.
New Battle Modes Add a New Level of Strategy
In addition to a wealth of new Pokémon for players to catch, train and battle with, Pokémon Black Version also supplies players with entirely new ways to fight with its new Battle Modes: Triple Battles and Rotation Battles. Stay tuned for more information on these two new game modes as more information is released on Pokémon Black Version.
Your Choice of Starter Pokémon
Pokémon Black Version starts you off on your new Pokémon adventure with a trusty Pokémon companion. Choose the Pokémon you like the most – it will be with you through thick and thin as you explore the Unova region. The three starter Pokémon all have different types. Your knowledge of the strengths and weaknesses of these types will be put to the test early and often.
Key Game Features
- An all-new world filled with all new Pokémon to catch, train and battle with
- Collect all the Pokémon available in the Pokémon Black Version, then wirelessly trade with Pokémon White Version owners to complete the combined games’ Pokédexes
- Experience both Legendary Pokémon: Reshiram and Zekrom – with Reshiram available for capture in Pokémon Black Version
- Exciting new battle modes including: Triple Battles and Rotation Battles
- Players choose from one of three initially available Pokémon to start the game, with that Pokémon from then on available to the player all the time
- Play as either a girl or boy Pokémon Trainer
- Stay tuned for more exciting plot twists, gameplay features and game modes to be released as game launch approaches