Following the vast popularity of Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl, Pokémon Platinum is the newest in the core series of Pokémon games. Pokémon Platinum features a new story full of adventure, never-before-seen forms of powerful Pokémon – including the legendary Giratina’s Origin Forme – and the Distortion World, a mysterious new world that suddenly appears in the Sinnoh region. In addition, with Pokémon Platinum up to 20 players can interact with other Pokémon fans from around the world in the new Wi-Fi Plaza, featuring mini-games and activities. Players can also enjoy the new features in the Global Terminal, such as posting battle videos using the new “Vs. Recorder.” In addition, Pokémon Platinum features a new Battle Frontier, where the toughest Trainers can test their skills in new ways. Pokémon Platinum already has broken previous Nintendo DS sales records in Japan, selling more than 1 million copies in its first two days of release.
1 to 20 Players via Wi-Fi
New amusement park-style Wi-Fi Plaza
Team Galactic is up to its old tricks. This time, they’ve set their sights on the three Legendary titans of Sinnoh: Dialga, Palkia and Giratina. In this thrilling new Pokémon adventure, you’ll encounter new characters, new schemes and new locations. Prepare yourself for an exciting excursion into the Pokémon world as you do your best to thwart Team Galactic’s sinister plot.
- Put a stop to Team Galactic’s plan involving the three Legendary titans of Sinnoh
- Leap from a piece of land suspended in midair and walk sideways or upside-down in the new Distortion World, where the powerful Giratina resides
- Challenge yourself in new ways in the Battle Frontier’s five new Battle Facilities, each with its own rules and each run by one of five new “Frontier Brains,” similar to Gym Leaders
- Meet new Team Galactic Commander Charon and the undercover detective Looker, who’s pursuing Team Galactic
- Gather up to 20 players from around the world in the new amusement park-style Wi-Fi Plaza, and compete with up to three other players in a variety of new mini games
- For 1 player, or for up to 20 players via the Wi-Fi Plaza feature
Exclusive to the Nintendo DS
Pokémon Platinum Version comes bursting with new locations to explore and new characters to encounter, adding to the overall excitement of this fun-filled world. The game’s enhanced storyline introduces you to Charon, a new Commander of Team Galactic, and an undercover detective nicknamed “Looker” who’s investigating Team Galactic. Discover fascinating new locations, such as Distortion World, in which the normal rules of time and space don’t apply, allowing you to walk sideways or even upside-down, as well as the Battle Frontier, containing five new Battle Facilities in which you can encounter thrilling new challenges. Connect with friends from around the world in the amusement park-style fun of the new Wi-Fi Plaza, where you can play games, take part in parades and even watch fireworks.
New characters add to the story
Players can explore the new Wi-Fi Plaza
Post battle videos
New Battle Frontier
Never-before-seen forms of powerful Pokémon